I currently roast amazing coffee for Blue Jazz Coffee Roasters.
In the past I’ve enjoyed making lives happier with technology by listening, learning, teaching, and helping.
Experienced Troubleshooter and Problem Solver
Naturally able to break down, research, and solve problems quickly and efficiently through personal experience, written manuals, Internet research, and collaboration with others. Studying the parts of a whole system is a natural process for me which allows for deeper analytical thinking when troubleshooting problems and issues.
Patient Listener and Teacher
Being patient with others and being an active listener makes problem resolution happen faster and with less reoccurrence. It demonstrates kindness and compassion toward the other person, which makes them feel important and respected, and will lead to a positive customer service experience. I have the heart of a teacher. In addition to fixing problems, I will educate when appropriate.
Communication and Writing
Ability to take complex concepts and problems, break them down, and explain in a manner that isn’t technical and flows in a conversational manner. Experience working with small business owners, teachers, educational staff/administrators, and by writing technical documentation provides a solid foundation of experience to draw from when working with others and assisting clients/customers.
Head Roaster / Deliveries / Maintenance & Repair – Blue Jazz Coffee Roasters – Topeka, KS – April 2016 – present
- I have the most amazing job ever..seriously, my dream job
- I roast amazing awesome coffee and have the time of my life doing it!
- I run a weekly route to customers in Topeka and Lawrence, with some KC Area
- I occasionally do maintenance on brewers and customer equipment, but most of all I maintain our Diedrich IR-24 roaster.
Co-Owner – The Peanut Gallery Daycare – Topeka, KS – February 2012 – present
- Provides all day care for infant through Kindergarten age children.
- Teach daily lessons, coordinate activities and art, shared cooking duties, maintain the premises.
Owner – Dustin Fluke Consulting – Topeka, KS – February 2012 – present
- Provides IT consulting to small businesses and encompasses all other consulting projects.
- Kansas Drug Testing: Ongoing support and maintenance of computers, servers, and printers. In 2012 moved office to a new facility which included infrastructure/cabling, network setup, server/client setup, software installation/upgrades, and printer setup. Moved e-mail and calendar to hosted Exchange for better collaboration and scheduling.
- Topeka Bible Church; 2013 Light Show. Managed the entire project including planning, budget, volunteer assignments, 5 team leads with 15-30 volunteers each, worked directly with lighting/prop creation, proprietary control systems, computer software, and post show survey, data collection and analysis.
Owner – Coffee Switch – www.coffeeswitch.com – Topeka, KS – February 2012 – April 2016
- Coffee Switch is a small micro roaster specializing in providing fresh roasted coffee to customers.
- Provides consulting and training to make the most awesome coffee ever on your own terms.
Computer Technician – Auburn-Washburn USD 437 – July 2009 – February 2012
- Supported staff, teachers, and students in all areas of technology in the district’s 5 elementary schools (1st year) and Washburn Rural High School (2nd year) at the end user level.
- At Washburn Rural High School, coordinated, installed, and maintained a Mac Pro server and 52 clients (iMac and MacBook) for the Journalism department.
- Primary technician for opening Farley Elementary which involved network and computer infrastructure installation both independently and with teams of co-workers.
- Some administration and maintenance work within the IT department’s servers.
- All schools: Laptop, desktop, and software support, training/assistance for teachers and staff, projector maintenance, VGA and A/V cabling and systems, network troubleshooting, computer installment/repair, network infrastructure, printer/copier support, SMART board support, computer curriculum software support, Cisco phone support, E-mail support, inventory management, documentation, equipment disposal, system imaging, networking closet management.
Technical Support Specialist – Ellington CMS; Mediaphormedia – March 2007 – February 2009
- Supported Ellington CMS(www.ellingtoncms.com), an online publishing system.
- Technical support and product training via e-mail, phone, online, and face to face.
- Diagnosed and debugged django template language and web server level problems.
- Responsible for the Ellington CMS support website and knowledge base.
- Documentation and content for internal procedures and software bugs.
Online Education Coordinator; Washburn University – September 2005 – March 2007
- Managed the technical operation and administration of WebCT software to ensure interoperability and stability among other systems on campus.
- Prepared online courses and maintained a courses database.
- Wrote policies, procedures, documentation, and training materials for the department.
- Managed one full time and two half time employees.
Baker College Online
Coursework in the Bachelor of Web Development program
Courses taken include web programming, database management, SQL, web server management and general education.
Remington College (formerly known as Education America – Topeka Technical College)
Computer Networking Technology, Diploma
Two years coursework in Music Education and Computer Information Science